What is a Network Security Assessment?
The concept of how the term ‘network’ is defined has changed significantly over the past few years. Mobile users, virtual machines, and cloud-based applications are now major pillars of IT infrastructure at many organizations. As companies adopt the new IT landscape, they are able to realize efficiencies of a dynamic and agile organization, however they also introduce visibility and security gaps that leave the organization open to vulnerabilities, exploits, and breaches. If your network isn’t correctly configured, it could be vulnerable to hackers, identity thieves and other threats. That’s bad news for your business … and your customers. In addition, the legal penalties for a security breach (that could have been prevented) are colossal, and the ‘powers that be’ are typically unforgiving..
43% of companies experiencing disasters never re-open, 29% close within 2 years.~McGladrey and Pullen
Ten thousand dollars
The average cost of a single incident of data loss is $10,000.~Gartner
Six outages per year
SMBs experience a median of 6 outages per calendar year.~Symantec
Vertix Network’s Security & Network Integration team helps protect your network infrastructure from internal and external threats. Our consultants bring a blend of real-world experience, technical aptitude and broad industry knowledge to every project. Using a customized approach and proven methodologies, our experts assess the security of your network to ensure a thorough analysis and testing of your network security policies, processes and controls.
“Over 55% of companies have a security gap because of a misconfigured firewall rule.”
A Vertix Networks Security Assessment is an analysis of an organization’s technical infrastructure, specifically focusing on the framework of security controls that protect systems, networks and information, from unauthorized access, compromise, or manipulation. Utilizing our years of combined experience along with today’s best hardware and software solutions, our staff will audit current security configuration, review documentation, and conduct interviews focusing on the design and the reasons for various design decisions. Topics generally include: security event logging, intrusion detection and reporting, firewalls, operating system maintenance, emergency response, data backup and archiving, contingency planning, authentication/access control, password management, operations procedure review and change control procedures. Vertix Networks then evaluates this information holistically to understand the effectiveness of the controls, identifying vulnerabilities and providing recommendations to improve the overall security posture of the organization.
Every organization’s needs are different and hackers are always adapting their techniques, so we help you put a comprehensive security plan in place and recommend the right technology tools and services to safeguard your network, including:
- Vertix Networks Security Assessment: We’ll conduct an affordable but sophisticated on-site analysis of your network’s vulnerability to hackers, viruses and other threats. Our report will include findings on any discovered security vulnerabilities, risks and implications, and recommendations for technical solutions, specific software, tools and implementation steps.
- Backups – On-site, Off-site or Cloud
- Firewall Installation: we will install and configure a secure Palo Alto Networks or WatchGuard firewall to create a secure barrier between your organization’s network and the Internet
- Policy Review – Password Policy, User Authentication and Access, Active Directory, etc…
- Disaster Prevention and Recovery planning – Is your organization prepared in case of a data loss, security breach, or natural disaster?